Risk Management Insurance Brokerage Ltd. (RMIB) is committed to being fully compliant with Hong Kong’s Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance (PDPO) in the course of providing our Insurance Services to our clients.
Insurance Services include preparing insurance proposals, negotiating insurance terms with insurance underwriter(s), placing risk(s) to selected insurer(s), collecting insurance premium, handling claims, responding to the client’s insurance related inquiries and providing insurance consultancy services.
RMIB is committed to collect, use or disclose personal data voluntarily provided by the client strictly in compliance with the PDO and solely for the purpose of providing the Services to the client and/or managing the relationship between the client and the insurers of which the Broker acting as insurance intermediary.
The information you voluntarily provide to us may be used for the following:
- Preparation of insurance quotation
- Binding of coverage
- Claims handling
- Provide you with information about our insurance services, articles on insurance issues that may be of interest to you
- Invitations to our seminars and events
- Complying with applicable laws, regulations or any industry codes or guidelines
RMIB is committed to:
- take all appropriate and reasonable technical and organizational measures to protect the clients submitted personal data against accidental or unlawful destruction or accidental loss, alteration, unauthorised disclosure or access and against all other unlawful forms of processing.
- keep the personal data collected as strictly confidential and will not disclose to any third party for any direct marketing purposes unless with the client’s prior consent.
- undertake not to rent, sell or otherwise disclose information to any unaffiliated third parties for their own marketing use.
- cease to retain the personal data and documents containing personal data, or remove the means by which personal data can be associated with particular individuals, as soon as it is reasonable to assume that (i) the specified purposes are no longer being served by retention of the personal data; and (ii) retention is no longer necessary for legal or business purposes.
If you do not wish to receive our marketing information, please send a message to firstname.lastname@example.org indicating that you do not wish to receive any marketing information from us in the future.
Under the PDPO, you have the right to access to and to request correction of your personal data held by us. If you wish to exercise these rights, please write to our Data Protection Officer at Suite 1201 Tower 2, South Seas Centre, 75 Mody Road, TST East, Kowloon, Hong Kong.
If you have any enquiries or require any assistance, please email us at email@example.com